To learn more, please fill out the form below. Our Enrollment Counselors are happy to assist you!
Or, for a faster response, please call us at (877) 340-3235.
There are many wind turbine technician schools.
Which one is right for you?
Across the country, there are numerous wind turbine schools that prepare students for wind energy jobs. We are often asked about the various wind turbine technician schools and what makes Northwest Renewable Energy Institute (NWREI) such a good fit for so many students.
What kind of program is NWREI?
NWREI offers graduates a technical diploma.
How long is the wind turbine technician program at NWREI?
Our program is only six months.
Why is your program six months?
We feel six months is the necessary amount of time to develop safe work habits and become proficient with all the systems on a wind turbine. A shorter course does not provide enough practice, lab work, and coaching a student needs to work safely at such heights. There are shorter programs, but they lack the same in-depth approach taken by NWREI. Furthermore, the array of certifications earned through our program are not offered by every other school.
What certifications does your program offer?
Employers are looking for applications with the key industry certifications offered by NWREI. Not all schools offer these certifications, but they are an important part of our curriculum as they emphasize safety and verification of technical expertise. The certifications and learning benchmarks offered through our program include:
- ENSA Safe Access and Rescue Certification
- OSHA 10-hour Construction Training Certification
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- NFPA 70E (electrical safety training)
- HYTORC Certification (hydraulic torqueing and tensioning)
Does NWREI offer financial aid?
Yes. We are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, which allows us to offer Federal Financial Aid to those who qualify.
Does NWREI have student housing?
Yes, student housing is available.
Wind Turbine Technicians are called upon for a wide range of tasks related to the installation, repair, and maintenance of wind turbines. Tasks typically assigned to wind turbine technicians include:
- Inspecting all components to ensure all parts and systems are working smoothly
- Conducting scheduled maintenance on the wind turbines and affiliated equipment
- Retrofitting and upgrading equipment and components
- Installation of new or replacement equipment
- Repair and troubleshooting inoperable or worn equipment
- Calibration and alignment of delicate instruments
The Wind Turbine Technician training program at Northwest Renewable Energy Institute prepares students to accomplish these types of tasks using state-of-the-art safety and technical practices.
- Affordable tuition
- 6-Month program
- Small class sizes for individual instruction
- Financial aid for those that qualify
- Graduate placement assistance
- Hands-on, real-world experience
- High-quality teaching
- Accredited learning
- Student housing for those that qualify
- Certification by industry leaders
There are many wind turbine technician schools across the country. Be sure to choose one offering industry certifications and a focus on safety.