Wind Energy Technician Program Admission
Northwest Renewable Energy Institute, the leading renewable energy school in the Pacific Northwest, is seeking individuals with the desire and potential to succeed in the renewable energy industry. Our goal is for every individual we accept to successfully complete his or her program and, with the help of our career development office, find employment that satisfies the needs of the student and the employer. We encourage you to visit our campus for a personal tour and interview.
Applicants interested in the NW-REI Wind Turbine and Telecom Technician Program and pursuing a career as a technician in the wind energy industry through our program should consider the following:
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must not have any felony convictions.
- Valid driver’s license – travel will be involved.
- Be able to pass a drug test.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Work with people in a team-oriented environment.
- Have an aptitude for mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
- Be prepared for possible relocation.
- Be willing to follow wind industry expectations and work overtime, weekends, and periodically on-call twenty-four hours per day.
Due to the nature of the position, students above the age of 55 may not be hired as a wind turbine and telecom technician, but may be hired for other positions.
Here are some helpful items to get you started.